Tuesday, April 4, 2017

How to do stuff

Today I'd like to share with you some ideas from this Orange Pixel's post, in particular how to complete work.
I think many, or maybe all of his suggestion could be useful other than in indie developing game and could be used in many fields.. like your job, for example.

Stay small. Don't overestimate your strengths, but build over them. In Orange Pixel post, he point out about making reusable libraries to use in other games. I think is possible in every job. Don't re-invent the wheel every time. Write done what works, and reuse it in case of need.

Mix up the work. I found this really interesting, because if you do the easy tasks for first and then the boring stuff after them.. motivation is lost. Instead is better to mix the stuff, because in every job, of every kind, you can always make micro-decisions and organize your time.

Be self-employee. I'm not self employed, but when I face difficult situations as employee, I think think using a different perspective could be also useful.

And you, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment